About Our Community
For those who've come a long way and have a long way to go:
- The Never Alone Club provides online meetings space for recovery, self-help, and support groups.
- The Intergroup lobby in #neveralone isn't affiliated with NA/AA or any particular 12-step or other recovery group(s). We do NOT mediate disputes from (or between) other groups in the Intergroup Lobby.
- The Intergroup Lobby welcomes all in need of support with drugs, alcohol, or other behavioral/compulsive issues without judgement.
- The Intergroup Lobby will silence or remove participants who are argumentive, abusive towards others, or behave in a manner which is not supportive of one another's individual recovery goals.
We have a few guidelines to follow so we can try and make this site as comfortable for everyone as possible.
- Please be friendly with your new friends.
- We do NOT owe ANYBODY a platform on which to demean/harass or abuse others.
- Our public IRC network has no 12-step affiliation. "Tradition three" does not apply to threats of violence or sexually/financially predatory behavior and that WILL result in an immediate network-wide ban from all groups.
In Open Chat:
- Please try not to engage in political discussions/rants and religious/higher power debates.
- Please try to refrain from detailed descriptions/conversations of drug use, drug choices, substitutions, and glorifying use, this is not a drug chat.
- Please don't post private info about yourself or others such as Phone Numbers, Addresses, Emails, Facebook Pages.
During A Meeting:
- Simply follow the prompts of the Meeting Chair.
- Disrupting the room negatively/intentionally during open chat or meetings will result in: Being held accountable for said type behavior.
- If we were a safe, welcoming, supportive, and positive environment.. our visitors will remember that.
- And if we were not... they will remember that too.
Some Quotes About Community
"It's not a matter of whether or not addicts know how to save their lives. The question is, whether they know that their lives are worth saving." -- Unknown
"The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not take away the perfume of the violet or the delightful simplicity of the daisy. I understand that if all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty, and the fields would no longer be decked out with little wild flowers. " -- St Therese
"I can only look at the seemingly limited space under the tent and think either it's my job to change people so they fit or it's my job to extend the roof so that they fit. Either way, it's misguided because it's not my tent. It's God's tent." -- Nadia Bolz-Weber, Pastrix
You asked me what family is
And I think of family as community
I think of the spaces where you don't have to shrink yourself
Where you don't have to pretend or to perform
You can fully show up and be vulnerable
And in silence, completely empty and
That's completely enough
You show up, as you are, without judgment, without ridicule
Without fear or violence, or policing, or containment
And you can be there and you're filled all the way up
We get to choose our families
We are not limited by biology
We get to make ourselves
And we get to make our family
NEVERALONECLUB.ORG - A Directory of Support and Recovery Chatrooms